Core Orientation Tools
Tools for accurate geological strike and core orientation data.
IDS offers and Core Goniometers for measuring geological strike and depth as well as Reflex ACT Systems core orientation tools to be used on your core drilling projects.
Reflex ACT II Core Orientation System
Advanced technology and proven reliability of the original, it is still the preferred core orientation system for drillers and geologists worldwide. The ACT III RD incorporates an improved rapid descent system and ergonomic design for longevity and precision. Many features, including:
- Fully compatible with the Reflex ACT II system
- Highly accurate up to 88°
- Easy to use and maintain
- Water proof and shock tolerant
- Available in most standard drilling sizes
- Easy-grip, ergonomic design
- Improved Rapid Descent (RD) capability and accurate time stamping technology
Used in conjunction with the Reflex ACT III core orientation, our core goniometer provides dip and strike of inclined strata allowing for a more complete interpretation of structural complications. These provide:
- Stratigraphic & structural analysis on vertical or angle holes
- Determine directional permeability
- Orientation of planes of foliation, lineation joints, and fractures